GlobaFone CEO Lou Altman opines on the future of marketing for an article in The Future of Everything, His response describes GlobaFone’s philosophy on how we treat our clients. We offer maximum value, not just the lowest price. High value and low price are never the same thing. Read more HERE
Paul French at Airhelp recently asked for input on beating jet lag. GlobaFone CEO Lou Altman offered a number of tips including; sleeping per your destination, maintaining good nutrition, and having loose, comfortable clothes for long-haul flights.
But the tip that Paul published had to do with exercise. “I exercise as soon as I land to get my metabolism back in check.”
GoodCall® writer Marisa Sanfilippo asked Lou Altman what separates entrepreneurs from ‘wantrepreneurs’. Lou quickly settled on one thing: commitment.
Commitment means you are willing make short term sacrifices so you can have long-term benefits. For example you are working weekend now, so you can enjoy many more weekends doing what you want later in life.
Great teams make great companies and great companies produce great results. So having your team engaged means your company will see great results. GlobaFone CEO Lou Altman talks about a successful employee engagement strategy.
“As a small business owner, I enjoy the luxury of knowing my employees more closely than most managers, and there is one single thing I did a few years ago that elevated GlobaFone from prior years: I met with each employee and learned about their personal goals. Buy a house, pay for college for three kids, learn about investing for retirement, investing for retirement – these are the actual goals. Then I tied these financial goals to company performance, in a couple of robust years paying out $200,000 in bonuses to five employees.
By aligning employees’ personal successes with that of the company, we all win. They have achieved or made progress on their goals, and as the owner, I have profited from our common goals. When you take the time to learn about employee goals and help them achieve them, the progress is astounding.”
If you are a GlobaFone client, you understand why this works because you experience the employees who take care of you.
GlobaFone CEO was included with 47 other experts on what it takes to improve customer service. If you’re a GlobaFone client, you’ll recognize his answers as how GlobaFone operates. If you buy SatCom elsewhere, you’ll have a glimpse of why GlobaFone clients are so loyal.
10) Global coverage: There simply is no other satellite phone that offers coverage over every square foot of our big blue planet. Iridium works everywhere!
9) Network reliability: At any time there always one, usually two, and frequently three satellites overhead. That means that no matter where you are, odds are you will pick up the network and make your calls.
8) Many options: Iridium has a couple of handheld phones from which to choose as well as Vale-Added partners that build fixed phones, docking stations, specialty products – all kinds of solutions for whatever you need. There is even a WI-Fi device that lets you use your smartphone.
7) A full kit: When you buy an Iridium phone, it comes with a wall charger with international plugs, a car charger, phone case, magnetic mount antenna, antenna adapter, hands free and a User Guide. It is the most complete handheld phone kit available
6) Tough guy, eh? The Iridium 9575 phone is the first mil-spec phone built to take the harshest abuse. It is designed to withstand shock, water and dust. My teenagers cannot break it.
5) Built-in GPS: Iridium is the only provider that offers GPS tracking capability and an SOS panic button in the 9575 phone. Think about the lives put at risk looking for lost hikers (for example), who could easily be found at the press of a button.
4) Value-Added Service Providers: In most cases when you buy an Iridium phone, you’ll receive it in a box and you have to set it up; kind of a pain, but not too bad if you are setting up just one phone. The nightmare comes when you are setting up 20, 50, 80 phones. Some providers will set up your phones so you can use them right out of the shipping box.
3) Resources to learn how to use the phone: There are at least a dozen videos that demonstrate how to use your Iridium phone to make and receive calls and voicemail. In addition, some providers send an instructions card, telling you how to make calls.
2) Pooling airtime: Iridium is the only network under which your Service Provider can create a custom pooled airtime plan. Many do not, but it is important for you to know it is possible and if your provider doesn’t pool airtime that is a choice they make that costs you more money.
1) Piece of mind: You have an Iridium satellite phone. You have the most reliable satellite phone with the broadest coverage in the world.
This list is a suggestion from GlobaFone and is not inclusive. This list reflects the opinion of the author and nothing in this list should be considered a recommendation or guarantee of service or satellite phones serving any particular purpose for any particular use. Please consult your service provider to help you decide on the best solution for your situation, or call GlobaFone and we’ll work with you. Thanks!